All about the application process
How to Apply
Applying to be a sperm donor can feel intimidating. The process is long but straightforward, and we make it as simple as possible for our donors.
Fill in our questionnaire
Come and see us
Complete a few forms and tests
Filling in the questionnaire
- To begin the application process, simply complete the questionnaire at the bottom of the page.
- Your form will be reviewed, and you’ll receive a response with the next steps within 48 hours.
- There will then be an initial appointment to check the sperm count and motility meets the acceptance criteria.
- The results are reviewed within 2-3 days, and the donor is contacted regarding the outcome.
- If they meet acceptance criteria, they move on to next stages of screening.
- The next stage involves: filling out a medical history and legal consent forms; blood, urine tests and a physical examination to exclude any physical abnormality or STD (sexually transmitted disease).
- There is also a mandatory visit to an independent counsellor to ensure that you have come to the right decision for you.
- The application and screening process can take 6-8 weeks.
- After this has been completed, donation can begin.
- Donors are given an appointment – some choose to visit on the same day and time each week, whereas others need more flexibility.
- We’ll work with you to accommodate any work commitments or requirements. It’s preferable that the donor visits once a week if possible, and we collect anything between 20-30 samples.
To get started, fill in the questionnaire below.